Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pyaar ke Side effects


Two days back I discussed with you the love and its aftereffects on today's youth (Pyaar ka Punchnaama). In this post I am going to discuss love again but this love is not of youth, it is the love of matured persons. In gist, I would say that love is not only blind; it is powerful enough to control all your senses irrespective of your maturity level.


I would like to share story of one of my friend. He was a very jolly person and used to enjoy the life. There was no place of commitment or relation in his life. Life was smiling at him till he joined his job. There he got attracted towards a lady who was 10yrs elder than him and was working at senior position. She was very mature and never initiated anything with my friend. But the infatuation wins and after many efforts they both befriended and gradually the love affair started. The lady was not at all in favor of having an affair with a younger person but as I said that love can do anything and she also accepted the relation.


They are having relation for last three years but the real problem arises when the parents of my friend asked him to marry. In normal course, two mature persons loving each other can easily marry. But here nothing was normal. There were two major differences: religion and age. My friend is not ready to accept any other girl in his life, as he really loves that lady. He has a genuine logic that I can't betray two persons in my life- the existing girlfriend and his would be wife.

I have no answers for his logics but the reality is more frightening. He is the only son of his parents (his father is retired person) and like all Indian parents they too are expecting a daughter-in-law who fulfills all the set standards and customs of the prevailing society.

With all my random philosophies on love and relationships, I tried to make him understand that it would be injustice to his parents if he chooses that lady out of his parent's wishes. He is from a conventional background so religion will definitely be an issue but still it can be overlooked but age factor cannot be ignored easily. As of now, my friend just doesn't want to discuss anything regarding marriage but I don't know till when?

I think that marriage is not at all the fate of love. Love is strong enough to exist and survive on it's own.Why to bound a relation that is free in nature? I know that he has committed a big mistake by initiating that relation but should he continue living his life like that or follow a different path.

At present he is a totally lost person and busy in his own life. We used to talk almost every week, now it's months and there is no news, as he know that I will always try to persuade him to agree to his parents wishes. I don't know what will be the end of this love story. I am asking your views on it.

What would you suggest to my friend? Whom to chose- love or responsibilities?

I would like to request all the readers of this post that please think ten times before committing to a relation else the side effects would be so horrible that you might have never thought. 

1 comment:

Nikhil said...

Are you sure it is your 'friend'?
Or is it you :P

Regards
www.thenikiller.blogspot.com

Post a Comment