Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Relationship Status: "IT'S COMPLICATED"


RELATIONSHIP STATUS: IT'S COMPLICATED




In a teaser of yet to be released hindi movie "Radio", Shenaz asks Himesh Reshammiya, "What's your relationship status?" and Himesh replies "It's Complicated".

This phrase helped me fill a "blank" in my list of relationships. A relation which was undefined till this teaser can now be proudly described as "IT'S COMPLICATED!"

It's a relation with my pen. A ball pen that I am using for the last two years and a half.

My beloved-->REYNOLDS JETTER CHROM-X.

I bought this pen in around June '07. The time when I was placed at Salboni. And I am using it since then.Too long a time to be associated with something which may not matter at all to few. No doubt, I've bought many other pens since then,been even gifted a Parker by someone,managed to accumulate a lot many Kingfisher pens during trips (Alas! they don't gift it now)..but it's been My beloved Reynold's Jetter Chrom-X...till date.

Like old wine, this old pen has now become unique to me in its own way. A normal person would not know why, neither I, looking at it from the eyes of a stranger, would be able to draw out it's speciality in particular.

But frankly speaking it was love at first sight. Such was the colour of my beloved Chrom-X....very sexy, a class apart. I knew I had to buy it the moment I saw it.

It found a place in my uniform's shirt pocket, and there it remains.The uniform changes , but my beloved's place is fixed...in the pocket, close to my heart.

It's used exclusively for official purposes. Each time I hold it to put down my initials on a document or sign a paper in style, i look at it, adore it's color and feel glad to have it. My beloved Chrom-X. The colour has faded with time, but the bonding has grown.

With the passage of time, I realise that I've become very possessive about it. Parting with it or seeing someone else use it has become out of question.Something that has been so close to my heart for more than 2 years cannot be left alone somewhere on the table or in the almirah or seen in someone else's hands!!

No way!!

Apni iss situation pe ek she'r likhne ka dil kiya:

nafrat ki iss duniya me log kya kya nahi karte hain
insaan se pyaar nahi lekin kalam se mohabbat karte hain...

Like this pen, there are persons in our life who step in and slowly become an integral part of us. There are times when we even don't realise this until that particular person is about to leave.

khudahafiz keh kar jab koi dil se door hota hai
nigaahein dekhti rehti hain aur dil bahut majboor hota hai

Yes, only when there is a possibility of parting do we understand the true value of someone or something, which, until then, we had taken for granted and looked at with ordinary eyes.

I have no defined relation with my Chrom-X but I have decided to keep it with me, in my shirt pocket for as long as possible...very close to my heart.

And so have I decided to keep alive all those relations that can't be defined as per the usual norms of mankind.

Thanks Shenaz. Thanks Himesh.... for making me realise those few important relations.

The things closest to my heart will now be placed in a special category of relationships tagged as "It's Complicated!"

No comments:

Post a Comment