Sunday, June 19, 2011

No One like HIM.......Love You Abbu :)

I come from a family that depends on agriculture. When the materialistic world is divided into cadres of Necessities-Comforts-Luxuries, we fell somewhere in between necessities n comforts. Luxury was not was a part of our life. In spite of having land worth crores of rupees, there were hard times when even the basic necessities seemed too demanding on the pocket. I have been blessed enough that all my needs were met on time. Good education was one of them.

Little did I understand the nitty-gritty’s of the world then. Or maybe I just didn’t want to. I was a self-centred young guy just out of school. I got admission in an engineering college in my first attempt. Like most of the sons, I was ready with my demand on achieving this feat. I wanted a motorcycle. With all the knowledge I had, amongst the options available, I narrowed down my choice to Bajaj Caliber Croma. It was the first bike in the mid range with disc brake attached to it so it caught my attention. It was available for around 45k at that time. That to me was a pretty reasonable amount considering am the “Only Son” and had just cleared a big hurdle of getting admission into a renowned engineering college. I simply “deserved” it.

My father tried to convince me to purchase a Bajaj Boxer that was available for around 32k.  I dont know why I was so stubborn at that time. Actually there was no need for a bike at all as my college was just a kilometre and a half from home and I already had a scooter to get there.

That adamant attitude made me maverick for a few months. I was mature enough to understand the financial situation but I ignored it all and started living in my own oblivion. Arrangement of that much amount would take time, but it didn’t matter at all to me then.

Seeing no other option I went a step further and started blackmailing them emotionally.  I stopped using the scooter and started using a bicycle which I had borrowed from my friend. I stopped interacting with any member of the family, including my mother. I still remember that I hardly spoke 5 sentences in a day during those days. Others weren’t so concerned, but my father got the message.

One fine day, there he was with the bike of my choice. He didnt tell either me or my family members about it earlier. It was a big surprise for me. Needless to say I was the happiest person on earth. And everything became normal after that.

Now, when I think of those days, I wonder whether I would be able to do all those things which my father has done for me. My father is a very tough person and it is a Herculean task to cajole him to do anything beyond his wishes. But, there he was, bowing to my demand without a word. And yes, he isn’t a person of modern thoughts who believes in surprises. Yet he did all this just to see me happy.

He has done so much for all of us and is still doing it. I can’t recall if I have ever expressed my love to him. Through this post I am making a small effort to thank him for all he has given me. He does not use the internet, so I know he will never read this post.

Naturally sons are closer to their mother, so am I. My parents do not live with me. But I make it a point to call my mother 2-3 times a day. As always, a father is somewhere forgotten between the love of mother & son. I know I can’t return even 1% of the love and care that my father has given me.

But deep within my heart, I do care- with all I can.  
Love you Abbu! For everything.

2 comments:

RpT@ said...

all fathers do love their kids the same way..i had never been adamant for anything in my life.but papa got me anything i wished without being told..perhaps parent can read their kid's mind...a nice post on fathers day

Amiqu said...

Thanks Arpi for the comment.

Post a Comment